Mother of the Bride Spot

Random thoughts on being a Mother of the Bride...although since we are now past The Wedding, perhaps this would be better titled Random Thoughts On Life In General...

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

It IS Christmas Eve, though it isn't feeling much like it -- yet. Usually Bob takes today off, but because of his limited vacation time he can't this year. We'll be glad, of course, once we are on the cruise early next year!!

It's light outside. A couple of the neighbors have put out their luminaria. I'm waiting until Bob gets home from work to do that -- hoping he is able to at least leave a bit early.

Tim is out. Of course.

Torrey and Chris are most likely on their way to Ohio to spend the weekend with Chris' two sisters, two nieces, two nephews, and two brothers-in-law. Hmmm -- they may have double the fun!

The mail has come. I didn't get any Christmas catalogues. This may be the first day in the last 2 months that I've not received a catalogue of some sort. Maybe the merchants have figured out that Christmas Eve is a tad too late to order something in time for tomorrow. It would take more than Santa and his magical reindeer to get it here in time...

I'm imagining Deven just beside himself with excitement. Jill said she couldn't put anything under the tree as Deven would be helping to open it as soon as it was there. He is going to be a shepherd tonight in their children's Christmas pageant at their church. I wish I could be there to see it.

Usually on Christmas Eve we go out to our favorite Chinese restaurant for dinner, the elves leave jammies, we go to the 11:00 service at College Church, and then get in our elf jammies for some hot tea before we go to bed.

But we did half of that last Friday night -- dinner at Beijing (which is under new managment and we didn't like it half as well -- time for a new tradition???) -- elf jammies, but no C'mas Eve service. It's a bit odd doing two Christmases -- half one time and half the other. No stockings tomorrow either....

But I am making cinnamon rolls for breakfast.

That is to say Pillsbury and I are making cinnamon rolls for breakfast.

2 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger RCO said...

And a very merry Christmas to one and all!

I ran the a/c for a while today in hopes that we can cool the house down enough so that we can at least have a fire in the fireplace while we open stockings! :o)

Everyone is snug in bed and Santa has just come and gone, so I think I'll turn in as well.

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way, I've adopted your elf pajama tradition for my family! Although my astute eldest child (11) noticed that the elves do their shopping at Target...

Tricia from PAM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home